All the Facts and Details » Residence Style
Information about All the Facts and Details » Residence Style
India is situated in the tropical zone and hence experiences seasons oscillating between Summer, Monsoon, and Winter. Air conditioners are our saviours during summers and monsoon seasons. They give us respite from heat and humidity. However, during winters, we cover and pack our ACs and start using heaters or blowers. How interesting it would be to have a single device doubling up as a cooling and heating device!
Hot and Cold ACs double up as cooling and heating devices to keep interiors comfortable during different seasons. They are useful for areas that experience multiple kinds of weather during the year.
Let us know more about these –
Types of Hot and Cold Air Conditioners
There are two types
- Inverter AC
- Fixed Speed AC
You can also opt for window or split Hot and Cold AC depending on your needs.
Traditional AC Vs Hot and Cold AC
A traditional AC is mainly a cooling device. It sucks air from the room, cools it, and then circulates it inside the room while dispensing the hot air outside. Its components are – condenser, compressor, expansion valve, and evaporator. However, the hot and cold AC has an additional component- the reverse valve. When this AC operates with ‘Heat Mode’, the reverse valve gets activated and reverses the flow of refrigerant to generate hot air inside the room while dispensing out the cool air outside.
Benefits of Hot and Cold AC
Hot and Cold air conditioners are boon for tropical regions. Their benefits include –
- Universal Air Conditioner – Hot and Cold ACs are the universal devices that would keep you comfortable all year round. It would keep interiors cool, warm, and humidity-free.
- Cost-Friendly – Buying a single device with multiple features will surely be cost-friendly in contrast to buying various devices like heaters, dehumidifiers etc.
- Simple Upkeep – A single yet versatile device can be maintained easily and will serve for long years.
- Energy Efficiency – Hot and Cold air conditioners usually come with high energy ratings making them capable of saving precious energy.
Checklist for the best Hot & Cold ACs
- Tropical Inverter Technology- The tropical inverter technology in the AC means it will work in the most extreme temperatures (-15 to 52˚C)
- Penta Sensor Technology – Modern-day air conditioners use multiple sensors to ensure the air conditioner provides perfect cooling whether it is extremely hot or cold.
- Expandable Inverter Air Conditioner – This feature lets the air conditioner expand its cooling/heating capacity according to the weather condition outside and number of people inside the room.
- Stabilizer Free – Prefer an air conditioner with an in-built stabilizer for saving space and money. It will also protect from the problem of voltage fluctuation.
- Type of Coils and Condensers – Aluminium and Copper is used in coils and condensers, however, latter is preferred for durability and efficient working.
Hot and Cold ACs are the best investment, especially for those living in tropical regions. They would not have to buy heaters, blowers, or dehumidifiers additionally. One single device of hot and cold AC will keep you comfortable throughout the year.