Current Obsessions: Thanksgiving Preparations – Remodelista
Information about Current Obsessions: Thanksgiving Preparations – Remodelista
London openings, small shifts to make, an artful revamp of the most humdrum household essential, a couple of early holiday sales, and more this pre-Thanksgiving weekend:
- Going on at Town House (5 Fournier Street, London): “A Step Inside”, an exhibit of Eleanor Crow’s quiet paintings of London shops, kitchens, interiors, and still lifes; on view now through December 5th.
- Also open in London: Rose Uniacke’s new fabrics shop at 103 Pimlico Road.
- Margot and Fan have been listening to this conversation on climate change (and small but meaningful shifts to make).
- An unlikely, unglamorous essential—the TP holder—gets several design-forward revamps in Under/Over (East), a group exhibit in NYC; spot the reimagined designs also in WCs across the city. (It’s the project of designer-on-the-up Emmanuel Olunkwa; see his own apartment and creations here.)
- For all your holiday cooking needs, take 40 percent off Ilā spices, here.
- Scandi-style, stateside: An online gallery of Scandinavian artists, based in Stockholm, is now shipping to the US; browse the full selection at The Ode To.
- And Schoolhouse is offering a pre-Black Friday sale this weekend only: 10 percent off everything, 15 percent off $250+, and 20 percent off $1000+.
- How to put the garden to bed for the winter.
- And debate settled (just in time for Thanksgiving): how to properly load the dishwasher.
May we recommend: