Decorate the Pumpkin Sticker Activity
Information about Decorate the Pumpkin Sticker Activity
Need an easy Halloween activity to try? Don’t love the mess of decorating pumpkins? Try this easy pumpkin sticker activity for kids! No paint or real pumpkin required!
I’ll be honest, I love the idea of decorating pumpkins but I’m not a fan of all the dripping paint and glue and mess. Decorating paper pumpkins is totally more my jam… and I don’t even have to go to the store to get pumpkins!
What you need for this pumpkin sticker activity?
Toddler Approved is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my Disclosure Policy.
Here are the materials to try this decorate the pumpkins activity:
Decorating real pumpkins can be a lot of fun, but takes planning ahead to buy them. I love this activity because I don’t need to prepare AT ALL. I already have paper, markers, and stickers. Check! You probably do too.
What’s a good low prep Halloween activity?
This decorate the pumpkin sticker activity is a great one!
It’s a winner because it’s quick to set up and works for a variety of ages of kids. I decorated paper pumpkins with kids ages 18 months to age 5 recently and everyone’s pumpkins looked different! Kids loved this!
How do you set up this easy Halloween activity?
You won’t believe how simple & quick it is!
- Tape down a big piece of white paper to the floor or table or wall.
- Draw some pumpkins on the paper with markers. Kids can help too.
- Give kids markers, crayons, stickers, jewels, etc. to start decorating the pumpkins.
It’s that easy!
Why should we try making this pumpkin sticker activity?
The Pumpkin Sticker activity is fun! It is also filled with so many different things that kids can learn that will help them later in life.
Here are some things kids can learn from this activity:
- Color names and color mixing as they draw and blend colors and trade colored markers and crayons with each other.
- Fine motor skills as kids draw and write
- Creativity as kids design their pumpkins
- Hand-eye coordination as kids manipulate the tools
- Counting as kids count how many eyes or dots or other details they add to their pumpkins
- So much more!
Not only is this a great activity for one child after school or during the day when time is ticking backwards, but it is an awesome group activity! If you draw several pumpkins on your paper, more than one person can help decorate all of them!
Do you have any other favorite ways you can use Halloween stickers? Share below!
Need more fun pumpkin activity ideas? Check out all 31 pumpkin ideas from I Can Teach My Child.