Four DELICIOUS & easy Crock-Pot soup recipes | Thrifty Decor Chick
Information about Four DELICIOUS & easy Crock-Pot soup recipes | Thrifty Decor Chick
My four absolute favorite comfort food slow cooker meals! They are creamy, delicious and super easy.
Three of these are creamier, chicken slow cooker soup recipes, and one is a classic CHEESEY mac and cheese. I mean…how can you go wrong?
I enjoy making these crock pot meals as much in the warmer months as I do in the cooler ones. I call them all “comfort foods” — but that goes any time of the year!
I’m sharing some of our favorites and a few changes that I make to the original recipes.
First up – this truly scrumptious slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe:
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
It is SOOOOO good!
I am a chicken and dumplings NUT. This one does not disappoint and you’ll be surprised at how easy it us.
Crock pot chicken and dumplings
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion diced (I used half of one)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (add more if you want!)
- Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for four to six hours. Mine only needed about five.
- As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork.
- Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. I kind of rolled them into balls to ensure they stayed whole but it’s not necessary. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another 30 minutes to hour. (Watch to see how they are “baking” in the soup. Mine are usually done around 30 minutes.)
If your soup is a bit thick, add chicken broth or chicken soup to your liking.
It is SO delicious!! And so much easier than making your own “dumplings.”
Crock Pot Easy Mac and Cheese
Crazy easy slow cooker mac and cheese
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
4 cups finely shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Very important before you do anything – spray the crock pot well with cooking spray. Or you can use these slow cooker bags that are safe for high heat. Clean up is a breeze!
- Mix the egg, fresh milk, evaporated milk, and Worcestershire together in a large bowl. Mix in the uncooked macaroni and three cups of shredded cheese. Pour into the crock pot and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook on low for four to five hours — check around four because that’s when mine is about ready. Do not stir or remove lid while cooking.
That whole not stirring thing was so hard for me. I always feel the need to stir. 🙂
The first time I made this I used thicker shredded cheese, but I find finely shredded works better.
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Ohhh…I’m drooling just thinking about it. SO. GOOD.
This one takes a bit more work, but it’s worth it!
Crock pot creamy chicken and wild rice soup
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice
1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 small can mushrooms
- Mix the broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken and rice and the rice seasoning packet in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for six to eight hours or on high for four hours. I did the high version and it turned out great.
- Once chicken gets tender (couple hours in), break it up into pieces with a fork while cooking.
At the end of the cooking time, get a small bowl and mix the salt, pepper and flour.
Next, in a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour mixture a tablespoon at a time to form a roux.
A roux is a mixture used as thickener for stews, soups and gravy.
While still on low heat, finish the roux by whisking in the half and half a little at a time until completely smooth:
Stir this yummy mixture into the soup in the crock pot then let it cook on low for 15 more minutes.
Then die and go to heaven cause it tastes that good.
We like our chicken and wild rice soup thicker, almost like gravy. If you prefer it thinner you can add additional chicken broth. I would wait to see how it cooks up first though.
I know many of you have tried this and it’s a favorite of yours as well!
You can’t go wrong with any of these favorite slow cooker comfort foods.
Are there any easy crock pot recipes you love? Feel free to share!