Trend Alert: Moroccan Kitchen Tiles
Information about Trend Alert: Moroccan Kitchen Tiles
The kitchen is where the soul of the home exists. As Debi Mazar rightly said, “The kitchen is the heart of every home, for the most part. It evokes memories of your family history.” Small or large, a well-designed and well-lit kitchen is extremely crucial for the well-being of the family. Today, you would find different kitchen designs available. Right from the classic and traditional to the chic and modern, you can create different styles of kitchens as per your choice. If a Bohemian style of kitchen is what you like, going for a Moroccan style would be a great choice.
Moroccan Decor Trend
The Moroccan decor trend comes from Morocco, a country that is located between Africa and Europe. The Moroccan decor is heavily influenced by Moorish as well as Moroccan architecture. While the Moroccan decor is known for its blue, red, pink, orange, golden, silver, and yellow hues, the ornamental arabesque designs made with intertwined flowing lines are the main characteristic of this design.
The Moroccan decor trend can be done for any room of your house. However, if you are apprehensive about how the result would be, the kitchen is a good place to start. Vibrant but classy, exotic but subtle, the Moroccan decor can transform your kitchen and give it a unique and extraordinary look. There are several ways to decorate your kitchen in the Moroccan way. One of the most popular ways is using Moroccan tiles.
How to Incorporate Moroccan Tiles in the Kitchen
Moroccan tiles are versatile and can be used in different ways to create a variety of looks. Here are some methods that you can use to create a stylish Moroccan-style kitchen.
This is the most common way of incorporating Moroccan tiles in your kitchen. If you have a white or neutral-toned kitchen, adding blue coloured Moroccan tiles would give your kitchen a pop of colour. On the other hand, monochromatic Moroccan tiles can give an edge to your bright-coloured kitchen. You can also use Moroccan tiles of orange and brown hues if it complements the look of your kitchen.
Tearing down your entire kitchen floor to install Moroccan tiles may seem to be a big gamble. In such a case, it would be a good idea to use them as a backsplash in your kitchen. When it comes to backsplash tiles in the kitchen, your options are endless, and so is your imagination. Use the same coloured tiles of different designs to make a statement. If you have glossy laminates, you can use muted or monochromatic Moroccan tiles as the backsplash to bring down the glossiness. Mix matching different types of Moroccan tiles for your backsplash would give your kitchen an artistic look. Apart from making your kitchen look beautiful, Moroccan backsplash tiles are also durable and easy to clean, making them perfect for the kitchen.
One of the unique ways of incorporating Moroccan tiles in your kitchen is using them on the countertops. Moroccan tiles not only offer the durability that is necessary for kitchen countertops, but also enhance the beauty of the kitchen. Combining the Moroccan style countertops with a Moroccan style backsplash would give your kitchen a Bohemian look. You can also spice up your kitchen space by adding Moroccan tiles to your breakfast bar or table.
A few other places in your kitchen where you can add Moroccan tiles are the kitchen shelves and the pantry. As the Moroccan tiles have a busy design, try to keep the rest of the kitchen neutral or plain, so as not to overwhelm the room. On the other hand, if you want to give your kitchen an ornate look, do not shy away from using bold designs and patterns to give your kitchen a true Moroccan look.
Other Ways to Introduce Moroccan Trend into the Kitchen
Aside from using Moroccan tiles, there are several other ways in which you can get a Moroccan kitchen. Here are a few ideas:
- One of the best and the easiest ways to incorporate Moroccan decor in your kitchen is using Moroccan cutlery. Displaying a few Moroccan style ceramic bowls, kettles, and plates on your countertops can help you to achieve the look.
- Another way is to use breakfast bars with high chairs and bench seating that is commonly seen in the Moroccan markets.
- Metalware is an integral part of Moroccan kitchens. Include a few handcrafted metal trays, kettles, and lanterns to create the authentic Moroccan look.
- Introducing different types of textiles in your kitchen is another unique method of including Moroccan decor in your kitchen. You can use rugs, drapes, room dividers, and furniture protectors made with intricate design patterns in your kitchen.
- To achieve a Moroccan look in your kitchen, it is important to go for gentle lighting. Moreover, to enhance the look, it would be best to use Moroccan lanterns. Usually available in copper and brass, these lanterns have intricate patterns that cast beautiful shadows when lit.
- Apart from all these, a raffia pot plant or a Moroccan pouffe is all you need to complete the Moroccan look of your kitchen.
If you are planning to renovate the kitchen and are inspired by the Moroccan kitchen tiles and other ideas, we at HomeLane can help you. Our expert interior designers know all about Moroccan design and tiles and can aid you to design the perfect Moroccan kitchen of your dreams.